Sunday 29 September 2013

Marbled White Butterflies

Earlier this summer I paid a visit to Ryton Woods in Warwickshire specifically to photograph the Marbled White butterflies. It was forecast to be a very warm day and hence an early start was necessary if I was to be able to photograph them before they became too active. I arrived on site around 6:00 AM and, although it was already quite warm, I did manage to find a few Marbled Whites that had yet to warm up.

The vivid blue sky meant that I was keen to take some wideangle images showing the butterflies in their grassy environment. The following image is probably my favourite from the session, taken with my Tokina 35mm macro lens.


PLEASE CLICK TO ENLARGE IMAGES




I was also keen to take some backlit images and took the following against a dark backdrop of trees (taken with my Sigma 150mm lens).



and here's a more traditional portrait for good measure;



No comments:

Post a Comment