Thursday 26 January 2012

The Ones That Nearly Got Away...

In the summer months I tend to take lots of macro images, knowing that each phase of the 'insect season' is transient and before long the days will start shortening and it will soon be autumn. The downside of taking so many images is that the processing backlog starts to build up and I soon develop processing fatigue. As a result, after processing the best images from a photographic session I'm always keen to start processing images from the next photographic session and don't always bother to process those images that perhaps didn't grab me immediately.

At this time of the year, when photographic opportunities are less plentiful (at least for a macro photographer), I sometimes find it pays to review these 'best of the rest' images that I didn't get around to processing. Occasionally I find an image that I do quite like.

Anyway, here are a few such images. These will definitely be the last of my 2011 insect images.


PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES TO ENLARGE


A male Banded Demoiselle Damselfly



Longhorn Beetle (Agapanthea villosoviridescens) 



A feeding Syrphus species Hoverfly



A Black Ant looking for honeydew from aphids to feed on



Common Blue Butterfly



Marmalade Hoverfly



Green Hairstreak on Bird's Foot Trefoil



Mating Syrphus species Hoverflies




I'm looking forward to spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment