Thursday 29 November 2012

More Grasshoppers

A previous post included some grasshoppers in the Meet Your Neighbours style but here are a couple of more conventional grasshopper images.


PLEASE CLICK TO ENLARGE IMAGES



Unfortunately I'm not actually sure what species is in this first image and on this occasion I didn't manage to take a full body shot to help identify it. I confess to finding grasshoppers difficult to identify, largely due to the variation in colouring and patterning that exists within each species. 

However, I'm fairly sure the second image is of a Common Green Grasshopper.




The image was taken with my 35mm Tokina macro lens and it clearly provides a very different style of image to the first one (which was taken with my MP-E 65mm macro). 

No comments:

Post a Comment