Tuesday 14 November 2017

Marbled White Butterflies

The summer feels a distant memory but here are some images of a trip to Ryton Wood Meadows from back in July. This site is always good for Marbled White butterflies and so I try to manage one visit per year given the lack of nearer Marbled White sites.

As usual, I was keen to include the butterflies' habitat within the images so used a combination of my Laowa 15mm macro and Tokina 35mm macro lenses for many images.

PLEASE CLICK TO ENLARGE IMAGES

The first is perhaps my favourite image of the session (Tokina 35mm):



I was lucky enough to find a mating pair of butterflies. This image was taken with the Laowa 15mm lens:



while this came from the Tokina 35mm. The breeze had got up by this point was was catching the butterflies' wings:



here's a more conventional shot taken with my Tamron 60mm lens:



finally, here's one taken with my Olympus O-MD E-M1 and Olympus 60mm macro:


No comments:

Post a Comment