Tuesday 30 July 2013

Red Deer Stag Painting

From time to time I receive emails from artists asking if they can base a painting on one of my images. I recently received such a request from a Dubai based artist by the name of Matt Ryder. He was keen to use one of my Red Deer Stag images (see below) as the basis for a painting he had in mind.

The result is below. It's entitled Wandering Storm and is acrylic on canvas measuring 72 inches x 60 inches. Clearly he's shown some artistic license but the stag itself is very similar to the original image and is very impressive in my opinion.

PLEASE CLICK TO ENLARGE IMAGES




As well as being a wildlife artist, Matt Ryder is also a very talented caricaturist. His website is well worth a visit. I thought the caricatures of Kim Jong Un and Ian Brown, not 2 names that tend to appear in the same sentence, were particularly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment